Intergenerational child abuse prevention and education event hosted by:
· civic groups
· government agencies
For children ages 3-9, their parents and other caretakers
Offered as a stand-alone event or with the Out of Harm’s Way
Curriculum and Parents’ Workshop
· Intergenerational fun — activities, games, and contests. Includes music, refreshments, balloons, and raffle.
· Result of 2-year pilot project. Incorporates best practices and feedback from dioceses who participated in the pilot.
· Concepts taught at the Fair build on Out of Harm’s Way Grade School Curriculum and Out of Harm’s Way Parents’ Workshop.
· Expands the reach of other child abuse prevention programs by attracting and educating families who might not otherwise attend.
· Brings families and communities together around an important issue.
· Promotes healthy families and safe and strong kids and reduces the risk of child abuse and exploitation.
Included in the Kit:
· 1 “Fair Coordinator’s Guide” CD
· 1 DVD — “Little Red Said”
· 1 CD of “Whadya’ Wanna’ Do?” featuring songwriter/educator Peter Alsop
· 1 vinyl Family Safety Fair banner
· 5 Family Safety Fair posters
· 20 Family Safety Fair balloons
· 50 Family Safety Fair stickers
· 100 “I’m a Star!” stickers
· Books and activities for the Reading Station
Cost of Family Safety Fair Kit:
· $250. Discounts apply to purchases of 20 or more kits.
For more information call 1-888-KID-WISE (888-543-9473)
How the Fair Began...